Highlight & Benefits:
- It can be used to control two independent Serial ATA channel. Compliant with Serial ATA 1.0 specification. Specification Rev. 2.0 up (Data Rate 1.5/12/480 Mbps)
- Up to 1200 Mbits/sec data transfer rate on Serial ATA Generation I.
- All downstream facing port can handle high speed (480 Mbps), full speed (12 Mbps), and low Speed (1.5Mbps) transaction.
- PnP & Hot Swapping functions.
- Support 32 bit CardBus PC Card Type II slots
- Support Bus power.
- Support PIO and DMA mode.
- Supports bus Master DMA at 1200 Mbits/sec burst rate.
- It is a convenience, efficiency and simplicity for all notebook users.
- Package Contents:1- 2-Port SATA CardBus PCMCIA Card,1-Installation Software, Retail Plastic Pkg.
To learn more about Serial ATA Interface:
The next step in the evolution of the hard-drive interfaces technology is Serial ATA (SATA). This interface uses serial protocal instead of the current parallel ATA interface. With a SATA interface, sereral benefits are obtained over the previous ATA interface: speed increase, thinner and more flexible cable, longer cable limite, and peer to peer connection.
1. The current generation of SATA supports up to 150Mbytes/sec and the next generation will support up to 300 Mbytes/sec. As a comparison, the current parallet ATA Ultra-133 mode supports up to 133Mbytes/sec.
2. A SATA cable only uses 7 pin connectors instead of the 80 pin connectors used in the parallel ATA. This provides smaller and thinner cable that is easy to route inside the case and does not block the airflow.
3. Since SATA uses serial communication, the cable can be up to 1 meter long as compared to the parallel ATA limit of 18"
4. SATA uses a peer-to-peer connection: 1 cable to 1 devices. This eliminates the need to set the drive to Master/Slave mode. Each device has a dedicated channel to the host. There is no bandwidth sharing as in parallel ATA.
5. Application for 2.5" HDD, 3.5" HDD, CDROM, DVD.CDRW,DVDRW and etc...
This product was added to our catalog on .